Hey y’all, it’s Liz here at A Healthy Housewife and I’m so excited to have you here!
My husband of 2 years and I live in Southwest Florida. We enjoy many hobbies together, such as paddle boarding and walking on the beach, bonfires on those (rare for our area) cold winter evenings, traveling both in and out of the country, and of course, spending quality time together as well as with our family and friends!
A little bit more about me…
Still one of my favorite hobbies and passions is living a simple, healthy lifestyle from the inside out. I do this by preparing time-friendly “from scratch” meals and brewing homemade kombucha. In addition, I enjoy finding ways to substitute my favorite foods and meals with all-natural, guaranteed-healthy alternatives that aren’t over-priced!
This is what I refer to as “health-proofing” my home.
Here at A Healthy Housewife I will be sharing simple recipes, gut health tips, great health food alternatives, as well as all things kombucha. My mission is to give you the encouragement and resources you need to realize that you, too, have the time and ability to “health-proof” your home.
Now, while I still have you here with me, I’d like to share a little more with you about the real driving force behind A Healthy Housewife.
The Driving Force:
- Two-thirds of adults and 30% of children in the United States are considered overweight or obese. However, the weight loss and dieting industry is a $72 billion industry.
- An estimated 45 million Americans go on a diet each year. Some of those individuals try hundreds of diets throughout their lifetime.
- While heart disease remains the #1 leading cause of death in the US, cancer has become the second leading cause of death.
- Men have a 39.66% probability of having cancer in their lifetime. Women have a 37.65% probability of having cancer in their lifetime.
And in Addition…
- According to the Norton Cancer Institute, a whopping 89% of the cause of all disease can be attributed to lifestyle, while only 11% can be attributed to genetics.
- Approximately 96-99% of our population is in a position to drastically improve their gut health, and they need to (see my next point)!
- ALL DISEASE begins in the GUT. (Seriously!)
It is with sincere empathy and compassion that I mention such hard-to-read statistics, as several of the above statistics have directly impacted my life.
Losing my father to an aggressive brain tumor in June of 2015 was all I needed for my eyes to be opened to see that I needed a change. That change I made has allowed me to help many others who are desiring to make the same change I was; people just like you!
And with that, A Healthy Housewife was born…
Below is what I have come to believe to be true. These are the Pillars (or Principles) I live by in terms of the health and well-being of my family.
The 4 PILLARS of “Health-Proofing” Your Home & Your Life:
Pillar #1: Lifestyle is Key.
- The large majority of illnesses are a result of poor lifestyle choices. The opposite of that is also true: The large majority of healing is a result of healthy lifestyle choices.
Pillar #2: Long-term Health isn’t found in a ‘Fad Diet.’
- Cultivating and living a healthy lifestyle will pave the way to long-term health more effectively than weight loss supplements and dieting every could.
Pillar #3: Simplicity is the only Sustainable way.
- Living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be hard, and it shouldn’t be complicated! In fact, embracing a healthy, yet simple lifestyle is the surest way to ever-increasing health.
- We all need resources and encouragement that allows us to create and maintain a healthy environment for ourselves and our families, and that’s what A Healthy Housewife is here for!
“Health-proofing” your home and getting Healthy from the Inside Out doesn’t have to be a HARD task. And it shouldn’t be overwhelming, either!
IF YOU’RE NEW HERE, CHECK OUT THE 7-DAY WATER CHALLENGE!
The 7-Day Water Challenge is a perfect place to start if that’s how you’re feeling: Overwhelmed.
You and I, together, will spend the next 7 days walking through the process of creating a lifestyle that is simple, healthy, enjoyable and most importantly: Sustainable!
The 7-Day Challenge is Perfect if YOU…
- Want to “health-proof” your home and your life, but you don’t have a clue where to start.
- Know WHAT to do, but you don’t have the time to cook up lengthy recipes and meal prep every weekend; You feel like this is holding you back.
- Feel like you need to have everything figured out before you even get started.
- You’re hesitant to begin the journey of “health-proofing” your home because you’re afraid you’ll make a mistake, leading to disappointment later.
I can tell you with confidence that I understand how you’re feeling. I have felt all of these things at one point or another. That’s why it’s important that you let me walk this journey with you…
I’ll be right by your side when you sign up for the Challenge.
THERE’S MORE OF WHAT YOU LOVE: